2022 Pohlman’s Creek Field Blend
2022 Pohlman’s Creek Field Blend
2022 Pohlman’s Creek Field Blend

2022 Pohlman’s Creek Field Blend

Regular price $40.00
Unit price  per 
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

In 2022, I was fortunate enough to secure some fruit from Glenhope Estate, a 91-acre vineyard in the northern pocket of the Macedon Ranges. The vineyard was originally planted in 1995/96 and sits at an elevation of approximately 500m and on granite soil.

17 acres of vines were originally planted as Syrah in 1996, but were grafted to Pinot Noir in 2014. Unfortunately, the grafting wasn't done so well, so what remains is a lovely blend of Pinot Noir and Syrah, approximately 50% of each.

The fruit was handpicked in early April as a field pick. 80% was gently destemmed as whole berries, the remaining 20% staying as whole bunch for ferment. Twice daily punch downs, the wine was pressed after 8 days, then racked to old French oak for 7 months before being bottled in early December 2022. The palate is vibrant, redcurrant and raspberries, with an elegant soft tannin. It’s playful, yet underpinned by something deeper.

Region: Macedon Ranges

Sub-region: Glenhope

Vineyard: Glenhope Estate

Harvest: 4 April 2022, handpicked

Aged: Aged French barriques

Bottled: Late December 2022

Quantity: 72 dozen

Closure: Diam

For tickets to our Pohlman Creek Launch Event, click here.